Friday, October 12, 2007

My new project-a painting a day (mostly)

I have been working with a new coach who has suggested doing a painting a day. These are small paintings--5x7, 6x6, 4x4. Since I like working small, this approach suits me just fine. The objective is to complete a painting from start to finish in a few hours with a goal of decreasing your time and increasing your quality. Today, my painting was done on 5x7 gesso board basecoated in orange. The value scale underpainting was done in black and then I applied oil overlays in water mixable oils. Zach lives in Alaska and his Mama sent me his picture when they were on vacation. I simplified the background because the exercise was to paint Zach himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I resemble that dog - oh, wait - it IS me! I am so honored. I feel like a star! Don't tell Mom but I can feel my head swelling already.

Hana said...

That really does look like Zach! I know which picture you based it on. You are good! Love the picture!