Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Food as Art

You may have figured out that I am not at home. I am visiting family on my way to Ocean City, Maryland, to teach at a decorative painting retreat. My poor husband and my dog have been left at home to fend for themselves while I am off having a good time.
Today I went to lunch with a friend at the Tea By Two tea room in Bel Air, Maryland. It is a charming tea room with fabulous food. One of their specialties is what they call their Celebration Dessert. It is an absolutely decadent, but beautiful dessert that consists of a puddle of frosting in the bottom of a teacup to hold a small cupcake in place. On top of the cupcake is a fantastic frosting rose. When you have finished eating your dessert, they wash and pack the teacup for you and you get to take it home. We were celebrating my friend's birthday--a little late, but this is when I am here--so we each had a celebration dessert. Hers had a candle.

The reason I have shared so much information about this dessert is that you never know where you might find art. I have to say, this is not only decadent, but it is a beautiful work of art as well


No comments: