Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Not much to show right now

As we are getting ready to pack up to move, there is not much time to work on art. Much of my time is spent sorting, pitching, and dividing into "store" or "move" stacks for packing. Today three friends came to help sort through my studio. I am donating a lot of supplies and surfaces to the decorative painting club to use as door prizes for retreat or basket luncheon, large raffle items to be painted for retreat, and other club uses. Even after we filled up two vehicles, there is still a lot of stuff left behind. I think there will be a porch sale for art supplies. I am going to get down to materials I will actually use--colored pencils, pastels, and appropriate tools and papers. I will only keep a small amount of acrylic paint and brushes and a very small supply of watercolors--just in case. We had a nice visit, worked hard, and had a good time. Everyone was very tired at the end of the day.

No comments: