Saturday, January 15, 2011

Raffle Item

I've been looking at this piece for 2 years. I was supposed to paint it as a large raffle item for last year's retreat. Instead, it just sat and then moved with us to our new home. Since I am the retreat chair this year, I figured I'd better get it painted. Besides, it is taking up space and I don't want to be contemplating it for yet another year. So, here it is. This not-so-little three-drawer jewelry box came to me already stained. The design on the top is courtesy of Connie Parkinson and comes from one of her books. I wanted a trompe l'oeil look. The jewelry hanging out of the drawers was my own idea. Once it has a nice finish applied, I have some white ceramic knobs to put on and I'll line the drawers with felt. I hope it is a big success and brings in lots of money at the retreat.

No comments: