Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Gift

One of my very best friends is retiring this year after 30 years of teaching. She lives in another town and I will not be able to attend her retirement party due to other obligations. She also runs a Victorian Bed and Breakfast and loves roses. I wanted to send her something special to recognize her retirement. Something that she will hopefully love and will find a special place in her home. Because she loves roses, I painted a pink rose for her. This piece is painted in Genesis on a 6x6 piece of gesso board. The background is a technique I have come to really like using--a sort of out-of-focus garden. You can see colors and green, but nothing definite. Only the subject of the painting is in focus. I will be framing the piece tomorrow so that I can mail it off to arrive in time for her celebration.

No comments: