Saturday, February 10, 2007

A winter painting

We have had snow just about every day in western Pennsyvania for weeks. It is cold and miserable. Even the dog doesn't want to go outside. We don't even have any birds visiting out birdfeeders--we think they all decided it is too cold to stay here. Our only wildlife visitors are a group of 4 deer who come down into town several evenings a week to forage. I am in my whiney winter phase right now and looking forward to a bit of warming that must come soon. Here is a watercolor of chickadees on a suet feeder in a snowstorm. It makes the dreary winters days seem a little more cheerful.

1 comment:

Judi W. said...

I tried leaving a comment on this a few days ago but it didn't work. I just love this little painting. I think the birds are fabulous.