Monday, June 18, 2007

Painting rescued!

On Saturday we finished up our yard sale, and again, I worked on a pastel painting during the down time. Surprisingly, there was more down time on Saturday than on Friday. When we were all finished, we sorted through the remains and made a trash pile, a pile for things we would take back home and think about, and a pile to give to the Humane Society Thrift Shop. We went immediately to the Thrift Shop to get there before they closed and my husband unloaded all the boxes into their holding room.

Later Saturday night, I went looking for my pastel only to find out that he had given that box (one we were supposed to keep) to the Thrift Shop. It was too late to do anything about it then and they are closed on Sunday, so this morning I went down and hoped that they had not gone through the boxes and sold or tossed my painting. Fortunately, everything was right where we left it on Saturday and I was able to retrieve the painting, my towel, and a painted apron from the box. I decided to let them have the rest. How embarrassing! They said it happens more often than you might think.

So here is my third ever pastel. It still needs a bit of work, but I am starting to get the hang of using them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Judy, the pastel looks good to me! I've never worked in pastels, so I have no idea how they should look, but the apple looks ready to eat.
Carol (csc)