Monday, June 11, 2007

A Watercolor Demo

Saturday I spent a couple of hours at the Pat Catan's store in Hermitage, PA, doing a watercolor demonstration. Pat Catan's is a regional art and craft chain with stores in Ohio and Southwestern Pennsylvania. I will begin teaching watercolor classes there on June 18. There were a couple of people who not only stopped to see what I was doing, but also expressed an interest in taking the classes. These will be weekly classes lasting 3 hours each Monday. My plan is to teach from now until sometime in October and then take a break until sometime in March. That way I don't have to worry about the winter weather issues. Here is the piece I painted during the demo. I think you may recognize the rose. This version is painted on a 4"x5" sheet of 200-pound watercolor paper.

No comments: